The subject property is centrally located within the Bathurst Manor residential community at the northeast corner of the intersection of Wilmington Avenue and Overbrook Place, the main collector roads serving the area. Three buildings currently exist on the 2.31 hectare (5.72 acre) property: an 8,180 m2 (88,047 sq. ft.) commercial plaza with second storey offices, a 158 m2 (1,703 sq. ft) freestanding restaurant building, and a 788 m2 (8,484 sq. ft.) freestanding commercial building. A fourth building that was located immediately to the south of the freestanding commercial building was demolished in 2004.
May 2019 Update:
- There are no formal approvals for this site yet
- The current proposal is for 162 townhouse units, 3 storeys each, 1600 sq feet
- 10 of those units will be zoned as live-work units which will allow offices or retail space
- There will be a public road throughout the development
- There will be 222 underground parking spaces, 32 visitor parking spaces and 16 parking spaces on new road
- The goal is to get final approval before City Council’s summer break
- Section 37 (community benefits) are to be finalized with the final approvals. The funds are anticipated to be used for Irv Chapley Park improvements
All of the plans and studies can be found here: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/associatedApplicationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=1680655&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false
June 2017 Update:
The applicant has officially filed the settlement plan that was presented at the Ward 10 Town Hall in January and the Bathurst Manor Town Hall in February with the OMB and the City as was discussed at these meetings. This plan reduces the density by more than half and includes no condo towers. Discussions are still ongoing regarding a retail component.
January 2017 Update:
A new draft settlement plan was presented by the applicant at the Ward 10 Town Hall meeting on January 17, 2017. This was not a statutory meeting but rather a further opportunity for discussion and feedback. You can review the draft plan below:
Rezoning, Site Plan Control and Plan of Subdivision applications have been submitted to the City for review for the redevelopment of the Bathurst Manor Plaza at 221-245 Wilmington Avenue, north of Overbrook Place.
Community Consultation Meeting #3 – September 30, 2013
A third community consultation meeting took place on September 30, 2013 at the Beth Emeth Bais Yehuda Synagogue (100 Elder Street).
Revised Rezoning, Site Plan and Plan of Subdivision applications
On October 30, 2012, a revised submission was received for the rezoning, Plan of Subdivision and Site Plan applications submitted for this site.
The following reports and plans were submitted to the City for the review:
- Architectural Drawings
- Perspective (from Irv Chapley Park looking northwest)
- Perspective (from Wilmington Avenue looking south)
- Landscape Drawings
- Traffic Report
- Swept Path Analysis
- Functional Plan and Pavement Markings
- Functional Servicing Report
- Subdivision Servicing Plan
- Stormwater Management Report
- TGS Checklist
- Draft Plan of Subdivision
Please visit here for complete details.