The City of Toronto will resurface the road on Finch Avenue West from east of Dufferin Street to west of Bathurst Street and install a new concrete sidewalk from 80 m East of Dufferin Street to 480m East of Dufferin Street starting in June 2018. Our inspection of the road shows that it needs resurfacing and sections of damaged curb and sidewalk need to be replaced to bring them to a state of good repair.
This work is part of the Council-approved 2018 Capital Works Program to renew aging city roads and sidewalk for current and future needs.
In the first few weeks, the City’s contractor will move equipment on-site and prepare the work area before construction begins. Construction crews will then:
• Dig up the road surface
• Re-align maintenance holes and catch basins
• Repair curbs, gutters and driveways
• Repave the road surface
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
• You may experience dust, noise and other inconveniences. The City will make efforts to reduce the impacts. We appreciate your patience.
• Property owners should remove items located within City property limits (boulevard), such as landscaping and/or decorative objects. If you have a sprinkler system within the boulevard, please contact the Project Manager.
• The City will not be responsible for damage to any privately owned items on City property.