The City of Toronto is seeking four Toronto citizens to serve on the new board of directors of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC).
Four information sessions will be held across Toronto as follows:
- Monday, June 18 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Toronto City Hall, Rotunda, 100 Queen St. W.
- Monday, June 18 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Etobicoke Civic Centre, West Hallway, 399 The West Mall
- Tuesday, June 19 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Scarborough Civic Centre, Rotunda, 150 Borough Dr.
- Tuesday, June 19 from 5 to 7 p.m. at North York Civic Centre, Centre Space, 5100 Yonge St.
Appointments to the TTC board will conform to the general eligibility requirements of the Public Appointments Policy; appointees will be interviewed by the Civic Appointments Committee and recommended for approval by City Council.
The four citizen appointees will serve on the board for the remainder of the current term of City Council, which ends on November 20, 2014 or until their successors are appointed. After that, future appointments will be for the full four-year term of Council. Citizens appointed to the TTC board should have directorship and executive-level experience and have experience with one or more large organizations.
Information about the appointments process, specific requirements and a copy of the application form are available on the Cityâ€™s website at http://www.toronto.ca/public-appointments/index.htm.
Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4, 2012, using one of the following methods:
- Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Â Fax at: 416-392-2980
- Mail or in person at: City Clerkâ€™s Office, Secretariat, 12th Floor, West Tower, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 2N2
The City encourages applications from candidates reflecting Torontoâ€™s diverse population.